Ujet has unveiled its first product, the Ujet electric scooter, which is set to redefine urban mobility — putting practicality back into getting around. Designed from the ground up, the stylish scooter combines smart connectivity and high-performance materials typically found in the aerospace sector with clean technology and refined design, making it the most advanced in its class.
Through its flagship scooter, the technology company is pioneering an innovative way for individuals to move around their cities while addressing urban mobility issues of traffic congestion and pollution. It is the first of the leading-edge and luxurious products built to improve mobility, convenience, and sustainability, that Ujet hopes to bring in the future.
City populations around the world are growing exponentially as new residents relocate to be a part of the urban experience (in 2016, an estimated 55% of the world’s population lived in urban settlements) a figure which is set to hit 60% by 2030. With this rapid growth, city residents are facing challenges that reduce their comfort of life
“With more of us than ever living in cities, it’s never been more important to make urban environments a place in which people enjoy to live,” said Hugues Despres, CEO, Ujet International. “As a result, Ujet is focused on providing urbanites with great products that help them get around their city with style and ease.”
More traffic not only increases the difficulty of navigating through city streets, but also rapidly increases greenhouse gas emissions, air, and noise pollution. Existing urban mobility solutions can’t keep up with the growth of our cities, and are not addressing increased congestion and pollution.
“Our scooter’s compact size occupies much less space for driving and parking and represents a fast mode of transportation, and the portable battery eliminates the need for charging stations, giving urbanites the freedom to navigate their urban environments efficiently and effortlessly,” said Despres. “And, with sustainability at the heart of our brand, Ujet has an important role to play in creating a better future. Our electric scooter is the first of many future products that will bring the Ujet philosophy to life.”
Key features of the Ujet electric scooter include:
- Clean technologies: All elements of the Ujet electric scooter were built to be friendly to the user and environment alike. It offers a high-performance smart battery available in two sizes with an estimated range up to 70 km (approximately 43 miles) or 150 km (approximately 93 miles) and can be charged from any regular power socket. About the size of a cabin-size suitcase, the battery is removable, portable, and rollable, allowing for easy and convenient transport.
- Connectivity solutions: For smart and easy control, riders can control their Ujet electric scooter directly through their iOS or Android app. Riders can unlock their scooters with their smartphone, receive step-by-step directions to where it is parked, share it remotely with friends and family, and can disable it remotely if the anti-theft protection sends a warning that the scooter has moved without their command. What’s more, the app allows riders to monitor scooter performance, including battery level, mileage, saved carbon dioxide emissions, and more, as well as easy access to customer support with locations of nearest service shops, and the ability to easily communicate with a dedicated support team.
- Interface: Additionally, a personalized touch interface provides easy access to navigation, voice control, music streaming, telephony functions, and the front-facing HD camera, which can take video that can be later downloaded and transferred. When in motion, riders can access basic functionality of the interface using buttons on the handlebars, allowing them to focus on the road and have a safe, distraction-free experience.
- Advanced materials: The Ujet electric scooter is equipped with the lightest tire in its class – the world’s first nano-augmented tire. Made with applied TUBALL containing single-wall carbon nanotubes, the tire is equipped with strong and conducive materials that provide unprecedented performance and safety. The advanced materials within the tire increases wet and dry grip by 2x and, therefore, increases traction. Additionally, the high-performance materials in the frame, which include alloy and carbon fiber composite (can be up to 40% lighter than aluminum), allow the Ujet electric scooter to weigh just 43kg (95 lbs) and be robust, durable and secure at the same time.
- Disruptive design: Striking a balance between the high-performance technology and an iconic design, the Ujet electric scooter is a combination of unique and futuristic design. When designing the electric scooter, the Ujet team turned to the organic shapes in nature, paired with contemporary architecture for inspiration. The asymmetrical and sculptural frame make the scooter look bold but also easy to handle, and the ability to quickly and easily fold and store the scooter adds to its convenience.
The Ujet electric scooter is available in the Diamond or Curved shape, with a low or high seat and small or large battery, in six colors, including Concorde White, SoHo Grey, Piccadilly Blue, Uptown Black, Bel Air Blue, and Shibuya Gold – giving every city dweller the ability to enjoy the urban mobility experience, the freedom to travel with distinctiveness, and to express themselves individually in a crowded area.
The first accessories for the electric scooter are also available, including a helmet, leather gloves, and fast charger. The Ujet helmet offers leading-class protection and safety while incorporating unique style of the Ujet. Available in the same six colors of the scooter’s body, the helmet can accommodate standard hands-free communication or a special Ujet microphone with speakers.
The Ujet touch-screen gloves, made of real leather and available in two styles and different sizes for both men and women, offer users increased protection and warmth while being a stylish accessory at the same time. And the Ujet fast charger allows users to decrease the full battery charging time to one hour and 30 minutes for the small battery and to three hours for the large battery.